Willen Lakes is a perfect location to give Sailing a go. Despite being on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, it still offers a relaxing and beautiful spot to give a new water sport a go with this Sailing Session. Your RYA Level One - Start Sailing sailing lesson will last 2 days, so plenty of time to get to grips with the sailing. An experienced and qualified instructor will teach you the basics of sailing a dinghy and most importantly, how to steer! You will cover topics such as personal safety, slipping and coming alongside, sailing theory, dinghy handling under sail and water safety. All the equipment will be provided by the centre so no need to bring anything other than enthusiasm to give it a go. By the end of the 2 days you will be confident on the lake. So what are you waiting for? Get out on the water by booking your 2 day, RYA Level 1- Start Sailing session on TrackDays.
Learn to sail at Willen Lakes in Milton Keynes
A 2 day course available
Sailing Laser Pico or Laser Bahia dinghies
No previous sailing experience necessary
RYA Level 1-Start Sailing
Two day RYA sailing course (generally 09:00-17:00 each day)
Learn the basics of sailing a dinghy
Topics covered: Personal safety, slipping and coming alongside, sailing theory, dinghy handling under sail and water safety
By the end of the course you will have a basic understanding of dinghy handling under sail as well as relevant background knowledge
You will form part of a group of up to 6 participants
Minimum Age: 8 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Sessions are available from April - Mid October
Selected weekend dates throughout the year
Dates are subject to availability
Spectators are welcome
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a amazing.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
RYA Level One - Start Sailing Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £249.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.