Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £116.67 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
This 2 Day Level 1 and 2 RYA (Royal Yachting Association) powerboating course in Poole Harbour, Dorset, is the perfect way to get your sea legs and learn the basics for heading out on the water. With 2 days packed with hands-on lessons, you will gain so much essential knowledge each day of the course. On your first day you will get straight into learning after your welcome and briefing and cover topics such as: launching, recovery, preparation of a boat and crew, boat handling, picking up and securing a mooring buoy, leaving and coming alongside, being towed, anchoring, man overboard, high speed manoeuvres and basic navigation. After having your evening to recover and a good nights sleep, you will be straight back out on the boat for the second day putting what you have already learned into practice and adding in more advanced manoeuvres at higher speeds as well as other topics. The course has great facilities with changing rooms, showers and even a cafe to refuel at lunchtime. There are also lots of fantastic accommodation and restaurant options nearby to check out. At the end of the course you will get a certificate for completing levels 1 and 2 of the RYA powerboating course, opening the door to so many sea adventures!
Powerboat driving courses from Poole Harbour
Two day RYA certified courses covering Levels 1 and 2
Learn essential boat craft skills out on the water
Perfect for beginners and those with some experience
Two Day RYA Level 1 and 2 Powerboat Courses
Learn to drive and handle a powerboat to RYA Level 2 certification standard
The courses are taught on a 3:1 basis, giving plenty of time for each driver
Courses start at 9.15am finish t approximately 4pm
Certificate upon successful completion of the course
You may be eligible for the International Certificate of Competence after completing this course
Poole has a wide range of accommodation options, from campsites and guest houses to excellent hotels
The operator can recommend a number of good value bed and breakfast establishments and can also provide accommodation on site in bunkhouses
Launching and recovery, preparation of boat and crew, boat handling, picking up and securing to a mooring buoy, leaving and coming alongside, being towed, anchoring, man overboard, high speed manoeuvres and basic navigation
The second day of the course will cover more advanced manoeuvres at higher speeds and other topics
Powerboat courses are offered throughout the year
Two day courses generally operate Thursday - Friday or Saturday - Sunday
Other days may be offered subject to sufficient notice and availability
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Suitable clothing for the weather should be worn, with flat soled shoes that you don't mind getting wet
Shorts and t-shirts are suitable for summer; tracksuits and sweatshirts for cooler days
You will be provided with waterproofs and in summer you should bring sun screen, sunglasses and a hat
You will need to bring your own towels
The course is not suitable for spectators
The operator as a well equipped base with a full range of facilities such as changing rooms, showers, toilets and cafe
Many other junior and adult sailing courses are hosted there, making for a lively and enjoyable atmosphere
Lunch at the centre may be ordered in advance; there is also a restaurant at Poole Quay, convenient for those taking the course
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a amazing.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
RYA Courses in Dorset Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £350.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.