Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £148.33 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
A two-day course at Brighton Marina where you will learn to how to handle a powerful 90hp RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) at high and low speeds. Once completed, you will automatically qualify for the International Certificate of Competence which will allow you to hire and drive RIBS both in the UK and when abroad on holiday. The two-day course begins with manoeuvring the RIB in and around the Brighton Marina area to get a feel for the boat, its layout and controls. With up to two other cadets and the instructor, you'll then head out into the Channel for an afternoon of high-speed boat handling, as well as learning procedures such as how to recover a man overboard. Next comes some theory, including passage planning by piloting the RIB to Shoreham-by-Sea, along the coast from Brighton. You will receive high-speed navigation and handling instruction on the second day that is based on locating yellow racing buoys at sea. Additionally, the teacher will take you up the River Adur so you may practise docking and boat handling in severe tides. The course ends with a lap of honour where you can showcase your newly acquired talents. Over the course of the two days, you'll learn everything there is to know about boating, from the exhilaration of high-speed manoeuvres to the satisfaction of securing the boat to a tricky mooring. The school uses both RIBs with outboard motors and sports boats with inboard motors, and you'll be trained by RYA-certified instructors who will demonstrate exactly how quick and manoeuvrable these powerboats can be.
Official RYA accredited powerboat course
Learn how to safely handle a powerboat at sea
2 day course at Brighton Marina
RYA Powerboat Level 2 Training Course
Courses cover: High speed handling, manoeuvring and essential information on safety and how to use basic equipment
There is a maximum of three students to one instructor/ boat
On successful completion of the course you will receive a RYA Level 2 course including ICC (International Certificate of Competence) necessary for owning or hiring a powerboat both in the UK or abroad
Brighton has full range of accommodation and the operators can give advice on where to stay
The operator has a floating office and changing facilities in Brighton Marina with showers and toilets
As the activity is over two days, it is not suitable for spectators to watch, by anyone accompanying the boat driver will have plenty to do in and around Brighton and Hove
Courses are taught between March and October over two consecutive days (generally weekends) usually 9:40am to 4pm
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
You will need to take suitable clothing for the weather, with flat soled shoes which you don't mind getting wet
Shorts are suitable for summer; tracksuits and sweatshirts for cooler days
You will be provided with waterproofs and in summer you should wear sunscreen, glasses and a hat
You will need to bring your own towels
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a amazing.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
2 Day RYA Powerboat Course in Sussex Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £445.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.